Monday, April 4, 2011

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Cakes

 Over the last couple of months I was blessed with the opportunity to make Mickey Mouse Club House cakes and cupcakes for the most beautiful little children, Kayden Meeks, and Melaya Chapman 1st birthday.  For both Kadyen and Melaya I made six inch clubhouse themed cakes, but for Kayden I was able to do cupcakes with Mickey Mouse themed toppers. 
After doing much research, and finding much inspiration from other cake artist like Lynlee's Petite Cakes , I came up with my version of a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday cakes.
A week before delivery,  I start making the Mickey Mouse cupcake toppers. They take a lot of time to assemble and dry.

I used mixed Meringue powder with water to glue the pieces together 
Took forever to get the plastic figurines on the cake. They really don't sit right up  so I propped them up on fondant and butter cream. Wooden toothpicks helped prop them up as well. Esthetically I wish I could of found a better way to do it. Less messy. 
   
Cupcakes included little Mickey and Mini toppers, their shoes and some personalized toppers for the birthday boy
Jumbo cupcake for the Kayden. Next time i will bake it in a red cupcake liner to look like Mickey's pants. 

Final Result



Here is Melaya's strawberry banana cake. Instead of doing a fondant base I decided to go with covering the base with blue wrapping paper and then covering that with clear cellophane. On the bottom of the cake is a six inch cake board.
 
Melaya's mom asked for her daughters name on top and provided the Mickey Mouse topper. Isn't is cute!
 
 
These were huge projects for me. A lot of hard work, but well worth the long nights. It's not perfection, but I'm getting there! Thanks you to my friends for the referrals. Thank you Ayana, and Paris for trusting me to do their babies birthdays and my Young Life kids for helping me with the little things.

What I used





No comments:

Post a Comment