Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 New Years Resolution

I  HATE setting a New Years Resolution. Why do it? Why set myself up for failure when I know I will always be a procrastinator, I will still struggle being unorganized, and loosing thirty pounds by summer by cutting out carbs is just ridiculous. I love carbs. They are my friend. So, this year instead of setting a official New Years Resolution I will be giving myself mini goals through out the year. Sounds so much better right? My first goal is to try two new baking recipes once a month. I figure if I'm going to do this baking business I have to step out of the cookie jar and try recipes I wouldn't of even thought of. To help me on this journey I will be using one recipe from 1001 cupcakes cookies & other tempting treets by Susan Lee. 

This cute book was given to me by my awesome sister in law, Shrya. It's one of the best presents you could give a intermediate baker, because almost every recipe has a picture to go with it, the step by step instructions are easy to follow, and the book is filled with creative ideas for parties and events. The book is also sectioned off by cupcakes, cookies, browse/bars, muffins and other treats. I'm really looking forward to trying out these recipes, and I hope I can fulfill my New Years Resolution...I mean mini goal this year. Happy New Years everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment